100% Irish Merino Wool Shamrock Throw Blanket 50
Wrap up warm with this beautifully knitted wool blanket from West End is very special. As it is made from pure wool it is perfect for cuddling up with, and is a must for cold winter evenings. The blanket measures 50″ X 60″ (76cms X 91cm) approx and is knitted using traditional Irish cable stitching said to resemble the fisherman’s ropes and brings hopes of a fruitful day at sea. The traditional green shamrock pattern along the bottom is sure to bring ‘the luck o’ the Irish’ to the owner. About the company – West End Knitwear was originally established by Molly Cullen in 1957, the granddaughter of Kate O’Shea, who, in 1856, was the first craftswoman in Ireland to commercially market her robust, hand knitted woollens. Molly’s sons John and Paul along with her grandson Niall are the present owners of the company. Located in the village of Monasterevin in County Kildare, today, it is the biggest knitwear manufacturer in Ireland, it’s a modern company with a young, energetic workforce. They are the largest Aran sweater and jacket producer in the world. West End Knitwear is conscious of its roots in the past; however, the company has its eyes firmly focused on the future.
- Wrap up warm with this Beautiful Traditional Irish Knitted 100% Merino Wool Throw Blanket.
- Made by the renowned West End Knitwear, Ireland’s biggest knitwear manufacturer.
- This blanket measures approx 50 x 60 Inches approx and is knitted using traditional Irish cable stitching said to resemble the fisherman’s ropes and brings hopes of a fruitful day at sea.
- The traditional green shamrock pattern along the bottom is sure to bring ‘the luck o’ the Irish’ to the owner.
- Designed in Ireland and delivered from Ireland to the US plus free Irish gift with every purchase.